Sunday, November 9, 2008

5 Reasons Why I Don't Use iGoogle As My Homepage


5. It's too cluttered.

I don't want to come onto the internet every single day looking at a huge jumble of pictures and words. The mess of iGoogle just doesn't appeal to me.

4. iGoogle is overwhelming.

Every time I take a look at my iGoogle page (which I don't do that much any more), I see so many different gadgets that I have to attend to. I don't want to waste my time looking at every unique and extremely alluring thing on iGoogle.

3. You have to constantly browse for gadgets.

If you have nothing better to do, then this is fine. However, I have a life and don't want to be scrolling through the pages and pages of new and "featured" gadgets that would consume me even more.

2. The loading time is a bit too slow.

For the most part, I use Google Search to initiate my surfing and don't wish to be stalled in the middle of some dumb website that I don't have any intention of actually using.

1. You get quickly addicted to iGoogle.

It's hard not to do this because it's sort of intriguing searching for new tools or just admiring the beauty of your little collage. In fact, some people spend quite a bit of time just blissfully observing their artwork. And then there's the themes. And then there's the gadgets.

No comments: